Thursday 15 November 2012

Tutorial With Phil

Overall, I think the general response to my work was good, but the main thing that I took from the tutorial was about the constraints of time.  With little over 3 weeks to get everything done, it's vital in reassessing what I had done and the mistakes I had made, any projects that I had underestimated, and set it straight for the final run-in for hand in.

Firstly, the 'Best of Films' brief was originally stated to have 10 outcomes. That was before Andy suggested that more should be added to the designs, more about quirky aspects than corporate statistics. That means each one is more condensed with information, and more is to go in each one. Also, more research has to be done to make the designs as engrossing and entertaining as possible. As of now, I have only managed to set out 1, the American Psycho. Now 10 is looking increasingly unlikely, and if I were to do 10 then I believe they would all be mediocre, not representing exactly what I want to create and pieces of design that won't expose my full potential.

With that being said, I have made the decision now to reduce the amount to 3, and focus on getting them perfect for hand in. After all, I would much rather have 3 strong finals than 10 sub-standard ones. I have identified the other 2 films now, as it will save the pondering later on: 300 and The Hangover. I will repeat the process of watching each movie as primary research and picking apart parts of the film that could be translated as an interesting statistic.

I'm also going to approach my typographic posters in the same way, doing them one by one, a minimum of 3 pairs of contrasting emotions, and adding any more should I find the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment