Tuesday 6 November 2012

Feedback From Andy

Again, the talk with Andy has given me more focus and direction within my work.  I presented the work I have done so far, focusing on 'emotion & type', as I felt it was the most problematic.  Here are some issues that were raised:


  • The fear quote can be played with - focus on open & close.  Try communicate the moment between open and close.
  • The word 'freedom' in the courage posters could sit outside the parameters of the composition - play with the words involved.
  • I was afraid that differing the posters would take it away from being a set.  Consistent labelling or branding could counter this.
  • Why does it have to be an A size?  Try unconventional formats.
  • I informed him of my idea to design to a shape (a shield, love heart, ghost etc.) but the amount of copy could be a problem - not enough.
Best of Films - American Psycho:
  • Could use acetate to level the different events within the film.
  • Could be a publication that sits within a designed DVD/Blu Ray special set.
Nordic Typeface:
  • Try straightening the letterforms, such as the leg on the 'R'.
A final point was made to look at Jason Munn & The Comedy Carpet - in relation to my typographic posters.

No comments:

Post a Comment