Wednesday 21 November 2012

Emotion & Type: Finding the Remaining Quotes

This should have been done a long time ago, but I decided to focus on designing two posters rather than researching the project fully. This needs to be addressed before I go further, in any of my projects. I have decided to work on a minimum of 6 now, and then add extras should I get the time at the end of the project. As I've already started work on one contrast - Fear & Courage - I just needed to identify two other themes and find quotes for each emotion. Here are the themes I chose:

  • Joy & Depression
  • Love & Hate
The quotes need to be able to be represented as an emotion. It needs to be a quote that communicates the emotion, rather than a quote about the emotion. To represent fear, a quote such as 'fear activates the enemy' doesn't actually represent the emotion. 'I'm scared', however, does. It is this kind of quote that I am looking for. After searching, here are the quotes that I have decided to use:
  • Joy: 'It's nothing more, it's nothing less. It's all we've got, it's happiness' - Kasabian - Happiness
  • Depression - 'Emptiness is filling me to the point of agony' - Metallica - Fade to Black
  • Love - 'Every day I still wake up and the first thing I want to do is to see your face' - PS. I Love You
  • Hate - 'Most of my energy throughout the day is thinking about destroying him' - David Haye
Now I have this nailed down, I can start developing all my finals in preparation for the final hand in.

No comments:

Post a Comment