Wednesday 18 May 2011

Speaking From Experience - Typographic Poster Continued





I began developing another quote in the Univers typeface I had explored earlier.  Starting simple, then experimenting with reverse out and placement on the poster.








After experimentation, I shaped the quote into a square and extended it with oversized speech marks.  This frames the quote nicely, and complements the squared off look it has.  Below I deal with angle and negative space, and find that it looks quite bold with a reverse out effect.






In another experiment, I tried to get the squared effect again, but didn't quite work out as the shape was so long - making the text incredibly small.  To combat this, I made it bigger which lead to a design that the eyes could follow a lot easier.  This left room for the author's name, which I took into consideration below.  I found that Clarendon at this point looked out of place and belonged within the identity itself rather than the posters.  I added the author to the end of the quote and placed the identity at the bottom of the page to promote recognition.




No comments:

Post a Comment