Friday 13 May 2011

Speaking From Experience - Typographic Poster Development



For this, I used lyrics from Arcade Fire's 'The Suburbs (Continued)' for the basis for experimentation.  I want to create a typographic poster that motivates people to get on with work and to stop wasting time.

I started with a bauhaus-esque style poster and alternated bold and regular to pull out key words.  I used Clarendon as a starting point to complement the identity.  I started to shuffle the words about and play around with placement, below.






I used Univers as a strong sans-serif typeface.  I think in a different context this could work quite well as it's incredibly readable, but I think Clarendon complements the logo better in this situation.





I finalised the experiments by using different text placements, colours & shades and angles.  The idea is there, but I feel like a different idea needs to be developed to make comparisons.

No comments:

Post a Comment