Friday 20 May 2011

Speaking From Experience - More Type



Ah, a very inspirational quote from the man himself - Martin Luther King Jr.  I mirrored what the quote said in the layout of the poster, making the whole thing look like a staircase.  I'm sure viewers would see this, and if anything would give more motivational due to the double portrayal.   They can see the staircase in their sights.  

Below I changed the quote used as the other quote was framed so perfectly.  I think the vertical placement of the speech marks look a bit more unconventional and add a bit of character to the poster, as well as fitting in with the heights of the letters more effectively.



I designed a simple envelope net in which to place my guide and typographic posters.  It simply has the identity on the front and a black opener to highlight clearly where the access to the pack is.  This will be printed on brown parcel paper to give the sense of a gift to the receiver, and to prompt opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment