Monday 18 April 2011

Response to Peter Callesen

Peter Callesen is a great artist, and my main inspiration for taking on this project.  I have done some cutting so far, but haven't crafted anything from the whole paper as of yet.  I took my previous silhouette (the tree) and traced around the stencil.  

From there, I took what would be the skyline and bent it over itself, acting as foliage around the tree.  I cut it in half to neaten it up and added a horse from my previous stencil to add life into the image.  I can't say my outcome was amazing as Callesen's himself, and I appreciate the process in getting a strong image this way.  I think it adds a nice effect to the image though, but to be consistent in the project all of my designs will have to incorporate 3D in some way, and I don't feel they all have the capabilities to.











No comments:

Post a Comment