Tuesday 26 April 2011

Final Cuts

These are my most successful attempts coming from the laser-cutting session, and certainly give a better quality than my scalpel work.

If I were to do this again, I would make sure there is a bounding box around my images to make it easier to centre on the page.  I would also consider flipping the image when taking into the laser cutting process, as I found the reverse side was slightly neater.

My final two contrasting images, Nightfall and Summer Time, came out really well.  Nightfall was created all on illustrator so I had no need to experiment, but the Summer Time piece was developed on the cutting machine from raw vectors.  I firmly believe the laser cutter is a great tool to use for experimentation, providing there is a variety of images to work from.




No comments:

Post a Comment