Sunday 24 April 2011

Digital Work - Bridge and Longboat

These are more skyline silhouettes to give me a broader library of images, both different in their own right.


[original photos]


My first experiment was on the bridge, but offered no development opportunities as it was already so three dimensional and there was limited space left.  Also, the trees at the top looked very complex to cut out and would be likely to snap off in the process.  As a silhouette it is not really distinguishable and therefore makes for a poor design.  I decided to move on to the next photo.





The longboat photo was great for being two dimensional and allowing room to add extra content; in this instance birds.  Considering scale, I experimented with what the birds added to the image as part of the skyline, and got an interesting outcome.

Although it brings the silhouette to life in a way, the width of the legs make it a bad cutting choice.  It would be extremely fragile and prone to tearing if I cut out these designs.  However, I will experiment with this idea on the cutting board as there is a lot of room to place content in the silhouette.

No comments:

Post a Comment