Monday 5 December 2011

Analysing Initial Storyboards


3 sheets, 15 sequences, 5 frames each.  Every one reflecting on 5 seconds worth of footage.  Our first workshop in motion, and we had restrictions on each:
Sheet 1: Couldn't move the letterform, only allowed to adjust scale and weight.
Sheet 2: Could only move and rotate around the frame, one frame being identical in each - diagonal along each sequence (demonstrated with red pen)
Sheet 3: Again, the same frames had to be identical, but this was focusing on moving in and out of the frame - creating a 3D effect.

Difficult, but rewarding.  The workshop broadened my mind and introduced me to thinking 4D.  Storyboarding also forces me to improve my drawing skills, something that will be incredibly useful in my practice.









No comments:

Post a Comment