Monday 14 February 2011

Laying Out My Designs - Part 1

After converting my design sheets into 100 fully vectored images, the next stage was to apply my layout skills to create an equally spaced piece of work in an organised and categorised way.





I used the biggest design (the ES-335) to map out the maximum room allocated to each guitar.  By creating numerous copies by using the alt+drag then 'transform again' I was able to create an equal row of 20.



Once the grid was in place, I placed the full 100 guitars in an orderly manner and tweaked them to line up to the row above.  I had trouble with some of the larger designs (double neck explorer and the ES-335 with an extended speaker to name a few) that I needed to bend the rules my grid had put in place to fit them in.

After tweaking the layout and getting to a stage where I was happy, I scaled the whole thing down slightly, centered the image to the page and added a nice, clear title to introduce the work.  I figured that I should focus on the clarity of my work, as this was a major fault of my work in my previous crit.

No comments:

Post a Comment