Thursday 10 February 2011

Initial Development - Photoshop


This is the size criteria of the brief and what I will be working from throughout my development to the finals.



I attempted to give the black and white image a yellow tint by using a colour overlay.  I don't think this technique works very well as it doesn't add anything to the image and looks quite bland.



I experimented with the vibrance and exposure of the original image.  This gave the image a lot more depth and made it stand out, which is incredibly useful to promote a particular colour.




To highlight my particular colour, I made the image black and white whilst extracting some forms of colour from it in the form of shapes.  I did this by using the marquee tool, and filling the adjustment layer in black for colour, or white to stay true to the adjustment.  This allowed me to add extra character to my work, as well as controlling the first point the viewer will see.  This way of working, along with the vibrance technique, will let me communicate yellow in the best possible way.

No comments:

Post a Comment