Friday 12 October 2012

Revised Brief: Icon-athon



After an extensive, and extremely helpful, chat with Phil in the studio, it has come to my attention that the 'Icon-athon' brief is simply too difficult to pursue as a substantial brief.  The deliverables, the range and the product itself is seriously limited, and although it would be an excellent brief to get my creative juices flowing, it isn't suited to the module.

In light of this, something had to be done.  4 briefs down to 3.  Sure, I could choose one of the other briefs, but after the feedback from the tutorial I really wanted to find a purpose for my icon design.

I have proposed a brief to select 20 films from 2010-2012, researching the facts, figures & ratings for each one.  The findings will be presented visually, through info-graphics & iconography, as a double page spread  featured as special material in high-end film magazines such as Empire and Total Film.  This, of course, can be expanded to collectable posters, A5 postcards, a dedicated publication and other printed media.  These would be sold in entertainment stores such as HMV and Blockbusters, in the form of collectable prints.

If I wanted to go further I could propose a shift to digital media, including the info-graphics & iconography as  a website, an app, or as desktop backgrounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment