Tuesday 9 October 2012

Feedback From 9/10



(fred's feedback)


Feedback from the crit informed me that my briefs weren't focused enough to be sufficient.  Although everyone understood that I wanted to create a publication, a library of icons, a typeface and a set of typographic posters, I realised that I am not specific enough at this point of time.  For example, I have no idea what quotes I will be using, what style of typeface I want to create, which areas of Rugby League I want to cover and exactly what context the icons will appear in.

Fred also informed everyone that a proposal for the book fair next year would not be the correct deliverable, as hand in for the module is 3 or 4 months before the event; the work would be half finished.

It is clear that I haven't done sufficient research so far.  This is something that I need to address immediately.  I plan to rewrite the briefs that I have chosen so far - to refine them, to make them clearer, and take a look at the new ISTD briefs to find potential new briefs, or inspiration from them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment