Wednesday 24 October 2012

Crit Feedback - 24/10



5 questions

  1. Do you think the continuous lines of the iconography help to give it simplicity?  Are they clear?
    Yes it works well - really like them.  More colour experimentation could capitalise on them.
  2. What format would you like to see a set of typographic posters in? eg. screenprinting, lasercut - what processes?
    A2 screen-printed prints.
  3. Do you think minimal typefaces are necessary?  Are they recognisable or do you spend most of the time figuring out the letterforms?
    Because you see some of the letters next to each other they work but alone they wouldn't.  The direction you are going looks good but don't take too much away from the letters.
  4. In what printed form do you think Rugby League would appeal to people new to Leeds the most?  What would get the most exposure?
    A booklet publication - with poster/fold out/pull out with icons.
  5. Are there any typefaces that you can that you can think of that reflect on the Futhark alphabet?  45 degree angles & no rounded corners?
    No responses.
---

The general outlook of the feedback given to me by the group was the concepts behind the projects were unclear.  Although I have done some research to inform my projects, the briefs themselves need a final tweak to make it completely understandable in what I need to create.  This will be the first thing that I will address, in the next few days, to ensure that a concise, well-considered brief can be included in the next feedback session to give my projects further clarity and direction.

Before the crit, I wasn't aware that our work was not to be presented to the group - of course, that would inform my fellow classmates a lot better than the collection of sheets I laid out.  In future, I will ensure that my work is easy to follow, and is easy to identify where the project is going, in the form of design boards.  Hopefully, it will allow the people giving feedback to produce a better response as they can get a firmer grasp of my concept and design ideas.

Something to think about for the next session...

No comments:

Post a Comment