Wednesday 3 October 2012

20 Wants & 20 Needs







---

20 Skills I want/need to use
20 Products I want/need to make
20 things I want/need to Research
20 things I want/need in my Portfolio
20 Questions I want/need to find out

---

200 points altogether.  At first, I thought this was a little extensive, a little bit too many to be worthwhile.  However, after pinning the sheets up on my wall and having a thorough brainstorm, it has definitely informed me about my practice and which direction I want to take it in my final year.  Having wanted to focus on editorial, infographics & icon design, the obvious 'publications, screenprinting, typographic posters' made an appearance, but after delving further, some interesting outcomes started to appear.

'Research into Icelandic culture, printing processes of the 1920's, custom paper sizes' for example, were things that I started to recognise as possible devices for developing my practice.  After I completed all 200 points, I narrowed them down (the best I could) into 10 Ultimate Things.

---

No comments:

Post a Comment