Monday 21 May 2012

Player Information - Developing the Pages



My original layout for the final crit was okay, but I always felt it needed tweaking.  A good place to start would be the player bios, where the same layout would be used.  I wanted to communicate the vital facts to the reader, and to have a little information that would back it up.

After a layout was reached that I was happy with on-screen, I printed it out to get a clear indication of how it looked, how it read and how effective the layout really was.  I learned this from the type sessions and have been doing it ever since.  From printing, I identified a slight reduction of point size, wrong use of hierarchy, slight adjustments to the placement of the quotes, the quality of the icons and more.

The technique helped me polish off the layout and make it the best it could be - identifying errors that weren't so obvious on screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment