Wednesday 2 March 2011

Initial Development of Typographic Poster









This is the development of a typographic poster which showcases my concept in black & white.  The layout is neat and the black and the white text work together in colour which is what I hoped for.

However, I made a huge mistake along the way.  Somewhere along the lines, I had mis-copied the word 'withhold' with only one 'h'.  This makes the sentence null and void as the black sentence would start with 'withh', which is unacceptable.  After tweaking, I managed to rescue the sentence so it read like this:

[revised sentence]
Hand over all your weapons, the policemen will take authority over shit criminals themselves.  There's nothing you can do about it.

Although this was ready for use, it didn't really say anything relevant.  I want to work with a sentence that can have a bigger impact, to make people think and respond, rather than just putting two statements together just because they happen to work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment